Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nabin's

For those of us who were familiar with Samar cafe, it was rather disappointing to see it closing down - it was one of the places in Singapore which raised eyebrows... what my friends from overseas would talk about. But close down it did. I never really fancied the food there... but when Nabin's, the spin off of Samar (the manager of Samar opened his own food place now), i decided to give it a try. The manager, being Nepalese, added Nepalese food and unlike Samar, there was alcohol.

My friend SWHM and I had the Arabic starter sampler - which was huge. We tried the Nepalese appetiser Momo - which was good but must be eaten warm... and the serving was just huge! We tried one main dish, the Moroccan chicken - it was disappointing. For drinks, I tried the Palestinian milk and honey freeze which I thought was beautiful. The atmosphere was nice there... good for 2 friends to catch up and laugh... I say, try the milk freezes and the sampler...they were my top favourites. Momo was good too... but the next time I am there, I will try a different main dish.

No comments: