Saturday, August 9, 2008

Caramel Choc-Chip Mud Cake




I so like this... It is from the Australian Women's Weekly book on Chocolate

90g white chocolate (I used Valhorna)
90g unsalted butter
1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
1/4 cup (35g) self raising flour
1 egg
2 tbsp milk choc bits (I used semi-sweet choc chips)
1 tbsp icing sugar (I don't use this)

Melt chocolate, butter, sugar, syrup and milk over fire.



Cool the mixture.

Whisk (by hand, when I used the machine, it did not turn out as good) the flours (sifted) and the egg.



Once it is all mixed, add in choc bits (it is impt that you let the mixture cool or else the chocolate will melt when mixed).
Put in friands tin. Bake for abt 20-25 mins. Oven is 160degree C, you must have preheated oven first.

No comments: