Saturday, August 9, 2008

Peach Garden


Today is National Day and I was privileged to be part of a high powered lunch... One of the girls I worked with decided to switch and learn dance. Somebody high powered hosted lunch for her and I was invited. My cat lovers gang was also there. The nice thing was that the high powered people I was with were in a highly relaxed mood... we did not talk about work, but more about arts, even gossips and scandals.

The lunch was a typical Chinese lunch at a very good Chinese restaurant, Peach Garden, 33th floor OCBC Centre. The view was absolutely fabulous. Almost everybody sort of tried to be dressed in red... So back to the food. Considering it was a Chinese lunch, my thoughtful host, taking my diet into consideration made everything vegetarian or sea food only the appetiser had duck and chicken floss, which I did not take. So this was the menu:

Appetiser - Sea Bait deep fried with spices
Soup - Wintermelon Soup with Sea food
Mains - Sea Perch steamed, Tofu with Spinach and Crab Meat
Dessert - Mango and Pomelo in Young Coconut

It was light and healthy and I was happy... just nice!

No comments: