Thursday, January 11, 2007

Brown Sugar

Had lunch at brown sugar - 3 course lunch and I finished every bit of it. I had the grilled squid appetiser, the aglio olio pasta and affogato. Considering my dietary restriction, there are lots of items for me to choose from. The dessert selection is simply amazing. The coffee is decent - illy!

I would recommend it for lunch or tea/coffee and dessert.

Address is:
277 River Valley Road, #01-04 Stardus Clubhouse (yes, the former SDU place)
Singapore 238318
Telephone: 63336612
Owner is yuan oeij

Update....

Today, the 26th August 2007, N and I went to brown sugar for brunch....and we were not disappointed.

I had crab benedict... it was slightly strange, but not bad... I should have tried either the salmon scrambled egg or the gruyere and vegetable omelette. N complained that for somebody who is allergic to eggs, one would have nothing to eat from the brunch menu... but luckily the lunch menu was wonderful... the grilled calamari was just simply wonderful... fresh ingredients, simply prepared... adding minced instead of whole olives, was really good... it seasoned the calamari but did not overpower it. N had scallop... which i tasted... tasty but not as nice as the calamari. Another thing i like was their freshly squeezed apple, orange and ginger juice... NICE!!! My only complaint... was that there was no free flow of coffee....

No comments: