Friday, January 12, 2007

Semolina (Sugee) Cake



This is the recipe I got from my friend Pah, I think it is from her aunt "Hamidah Baboo Shahib". It is delicate but it works. I have tried it.

Ingredients
280g butter
220g castor sugar
4 eggs
3 egg yolks only (Note - this is in addition to the 4 eggs)
125g Softasilk flour (I use Top flour, Redman Brand instead)
3 tablespoons condensed milk
125g semolina (the most premium brand you can find)
30g ground almond
1 teaspoon baking powder

Method
Heat oven.

Put eggs, sugar, semolina and baking powder in a bowl and beat until thick and creamy.




In another bowl, beat the butter and condensed milk until the butter turns lighter in colour.





Mix the two mixtures together.



Then add the flour and ground almond.



Grease the cake mould (I use a 19 X 19 square baking tin)

Bake in oven with about 150 degree Celcius for about 25 mins to half hour.

Note: the Centre is the last to cook... just be patient....

No comments: