Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gunther's

A friend and her husband were in town and I took the opportunity to take them to Gunther's. Gunther's was a place i wanted to go with good friends... but all my local good friends have eaten there.....

My email correspondence with the staff was already pleasant, my visit there proved that it was no less. We decided on the tasting menu. But we asked for our restrictions to be respected: absolutely no pork related product, no meat, no alcohol.

We had 7 courses of simply out of the world food - pasta, clams, fish, cheese all with caviar and truffles, wholesome desserts! I was happy. Although I cook. It was the kind of food I can never cook. The balance was just simply right.... Of course the bill that came afterwards made me raise my eyebrows... 3 of us ate for more than 1k... but you know what... i have never been able to have a tasting menu tailored to my restrictions, and without prior notice some more.... the food was delicious... and i did not have a birthday dinner... this was it... I was happy... it was money well spent. I recommend it.... as long as you are willing to part with your money.

No comments: