Saturday, September 26, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I finally found my recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Stephanie Sim gave it to me 21 or 22 years ago. My nephews and nieces love them. In university, I forwarded the recipe to my friends to make chocolate chip cookies and give to donors who donated for our donation drive for Mt Pinatubo victims:

Ingredients
1 cup of margarine, softened (I use butter)
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar (if I have to reduce the sugar, I reduce the granulated sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon water
2 medium eggs
21/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups raisin (1 substitute with nuts)
12-oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method
Beat margarine/butter, sugars, vanilla, water and egss in a large bowl with electric mixer until creamy and thoroughly blended. With a spoon, stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed. Stir in raisins/nuts and chocolate pieces (don't stir the chocolate pieces too much or else it would melt). Spoon the dough by teaspoonful into sheets. Bake at 375 degree F for 8 minutes (this really depends on your oven).

No comments: